Unified DaughterBoard C3 version
Price is finalized during checkout Delivered within 5-7 days
Unified Daughterboard C3 version (USB-C). This small PCB allows the decoupling of the USB-C port from the rest of the keyboard PCB.
This Unified Daughterboard C3 features:
- ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) protection on the data lines of the USB connector through a specialised chip;
- Overcurrent protection through a PTC fuse;
- Overvoltage protection through a bidirectional TVS diode;
- Shielding noise decoupling capabilities through a ferrite bead;
- Single-path grounding of the metallic chassis to which the daughterboard is attached.
This sale includes one cable with approximately 15cm. For different cable sizes, please contact us before buying to check availability.
This version comes with a ENIG surface finishing.
The Unified Daughterboard Project is an attempt by leading designers in the mechanical keyboard community to standardise the USB daughterboards used for their custom mechanical keyboard projects. It was initially envisioned by users ai03, Wilba, Hineybush, Xelus, Xondat, aeryxz and Maximillian.
This daughterboard's main characteristic is integrating a USB Type C connector and the needed circuitry for USB 2.0 operation in a small PCB that can be screwed to a keyboard chassis; this significantly simplifies the assembly and design of the main circuit board.
More information can be found on the GitHub page of the project.
Unified Daughterboard C3 Specs
- Overall size: 18 x 16.5 mm
- Screw holes: 14 x 12.5 mm apart.
- Corner radius: 2 mm
- Hardware: M2 screws
- Connector: JST-SH (JST SM04B-SRSS-TB(LF)(SN))
- PCB layers: 2
- Cable length: 150mm
Further specs and implementation details here.
In addition, we have the Unified Daughterboard S1 version available, which offers a slim form factor, attachment with M3 screws, and a robust Molex Pico-Ezmate connector as an alternative to the JST connector.
- 18x16.5 mm
- Surface Finishing